After assembling about 1 week, finally i’ve finished my USB CS-LCD board. This board is an USB interface board for alphanumeric HD44780 LCD modules. It has been tested using lcdproc in puppy Linux.
USB CS-LCD has the following features:
[V] designed for both 2×16 and 4×20 character HD44780 LCD
[V] supports 32-keys scanning input
[V] software-controlled backlight
[V] display contrast adjustment
[V] provides USB type-B interface and 4-pin SIP connector
[V] supports special characters
[V] provides 4 ports GIO interface
[V] no external power supply is needed
[V] without FIRMWARE. It uses libusb for data transfer.
- server driver patch for lcdproc has been implemented. i hope it can be considered to be included into next released LCDproc project source. i’ll provide this patch soon. Board detection, usb data transfer and backlight control are all in that patch, mainly using libusb, so no need both linux driver nor special firmware. LCDproc can be run smoothly using that board and the patch.
- It can be connected either by using USB type-B cable to usb port or using 4-pin female IDC cable to onboard/internal usb port that increase its usability to your broad applications
keypad routine has not been implemented yet
- Oktober 31, 2008: Patch file againts lcdproc-0.5.2 to support usb cs-lcd driver has been sent to community
- Keypad routine and software-controlled backlight has been implemented. Now, using lcdexec, menu can appears on LCD. Nice…. October 31,2008:
- June 25, 2008 : USB CS-LCD prototype has been implemented and assembled (in Bahasa). Board is made in Bandung locally. LCDProc can run smoothly either using 2×16 or 4×20 HD44780 LCD